Sunday, August 17, 2008

XU-AAA Homecoming 2008

I met Joe Diaz last week at Limketkai Mall and he reminded me of the XU-AAA Homecoming this month. I have completely no idea what is going on with the association and what the dates are for the Homecoming. I don't even know who the Jubilarians are for this year. What I know is that there is a separate Homecoming in December which seems to be more well-attended than the one celebrated during the Fiesta. While there is reason to have the Annual Homecoming during the August Fiesta, allowing the Stateside residents to come home during the low season, it has caused a kind of schizophrenic Alumni Homecoming celebrations on two separate occasions, The traditional one in December and the other one in August.

I wonder how many people really come to the August Homecoming, those from the United States, I mean. I attended the Homecoming last year but sadly that was something which left a bad taste in the mouth. That they allowed certain things to happen is something which is not only speaks of being dis-organized but is close to being truly asinine. Who's in charge anyway?

Visit Cagayan de Oro City.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home